Considering wide geography of deliveries, transport companies have to look for the best ways of delivery, using all available tools, for example, different types of transportation.
With extensive experience in the logistics market, VVL Group offers multimodal transportation of goods across the country and abroad. Our experts will develop an optimal delivery plan to fit your demands and budget.
What is a multimodal transportation?
Multimodal transportation is a mixed method of delivery by two or more transport modes in which the legal and financial responsibility for transport lies on one logistics company.
A variety of this supply’s type is an intermodal transport, without transshipment of cargo. It remains in containers or swap bodies from the loading to the end of transportation.
Features of the organization of multimodal transportation
- Development of optimal cargo movement schemes and rout.
- Selecting an overload location.
- Providing temporary storage of cargo.
- The timing of loading and unloading.
- Control of movement and the safety of cargo on each step of the way
Transport registration process for the customer includes following steps:
- filing an application form for delivery;
- route and the cost of services coordination with a transport company;
- signing the contract for the supply by combining transportation’s types;
- prepayment of the transport services
- goods receiving at place of destination.
During the process of transportation a client can constantly contact our managers and receive all information about the cargo location.
Types of transport
Choice of transport depends on:
- the route of delivery;
- transport company capabilities;
- client’s request of timing and cost of transportation.
Different types of transportation can be used: road, rail, sea, air.
Multimodal transportation companies solve complex logistical tasks and can satisfy all customer needs, making emphasis on urgency or the efficiency of delivery.
If speed of delivery comes first for the customer, air transportation can be used in addition to road and rail one. Savings on transportation always involves increase of terms. Sea transportation helps save significantly while multimodal shipping.
As part of multimodal transportation company VVL Group provides the following additional services:
- cargo insurance;
- protection and cargo tracking;
- information about location;
- assistance in obtaining customs documents;
- organization of unloading in the place of receipt.
Multimodal and intermodal carriages are the most complex supply that requires great experience, highly qualified staff and resources.
Many years of successful operation has proven competence our professionalism. At your service:
- a large fleet of vehicles;
- air, sea and rail transportation;
- 24 hour supervision of cargo dislocation with satellite tracking systems;
- experienced drivers and skilled logisticians.
- individual approach;
- guarantee of cargo safety and supply efficiency;
- affordable prices for service.
You can consult with our experts by phone…
or to make an on-line request for our services filling the order form on our website.